Thursday, June 14, 2007

How Axia in Mississauga has progressed over the past couple of months

Axia Restaurant in Mississauga opened fall last year. If you look at ResToronto Reviews, you can see that in the beginning days there have been some service problems. Also, if you look at my previous post you can also see some of the service problems I've personally experienced.

I visited Axia again a weekend ago. So the question is, has the service changed?

My friend and I made reservations for a Saturday night. A couple weeks before that I had tried to get in there on a Saturday and the wait was an hour. I decided better be safe and made the reservation. When we got there there were plenty of seats so reservations weren't necessary.
The most important change is that service has improved. They are more attentive and quicker than they were when I first visited. The waitress was continuously checking up on us to make sure we had everything we needed.
I did have a couple of problems with my drinks however. Other tables were getting ice water to drink but my water was always room temperature. Additionally, the lemon ice tea they advertise is from a can - I don't suggest it!
I had the galbi bbq which was (as always) delicious. The cheques were given quickly, and we were personaly given a mint as we walked out the door!

So I'm happy to report that service has improved immensely.