Sunday, October 01, 2006

One of my favourite restaurants - Saucy in Streetsville/Mississauga

My family is repeat eaters at Saucy's in Streetsville. We just can't get enough there (and everytime we go in we convince ourselves we're going to order something other than the usual but only 1/2 the time are we successful).

If you are visiting this place on the weekend, make reservations ahead of time or else you will be sitting in the bar area on stools that aren't too comfortable. Also, if you can, there's a table that's tucked away beside a window and behind the wine rack at the front. It's a great table. Request it if you can! Also, this restaurant is a 19+ restaurant, so don't expect to be able to bring your kids there!

We started off with bruschetta, and once we had finished all the bread (but still had tomatoes left), we were given extra garlic bread at no additional cost. There's always great service here (though I've always wondered why there is never a male waiter?). I ordered my favourite, the chicken linguini, and others ordered pasta, lamb, and a sirloin. All if it was fantastic! And the portions are huge (not something you would expect from a restaurant like this). It's more than enough to take home and fill you up once again for lunch.

I splurged and had a tiramisu for dessert - also very good (but pretty pricey at $10).
My only complaint - their coffee is pretty bad. It's way too strong and bitter.

This is a great place to go to! I go with friends and family.

To see more reviews for Saucy, see ResToronto Reviews for Saucy in Streestville.