Friday, September 22, 2006

Great Italian experience at Rocco's in Oakville

We ventured over to Oakville yesterday and walked up and down the streets there looking at menus for restaurants. Everything was too fancy for my tastes yesterday, but we settled on Rocco's Trattoria. Once inside the restaurant I felt like I was in a trendy Toronto restaurant. The downstairs is a bar and casual eating area while the upstairs is more geared towards people that want to stay and chat over their meal. Everything upstairs is painted a different, lively colour. Rocco's certainly gives off a fun vibe. Additionally, I loved the fact that there was a skylight in the middle of the room because it seemed to brighten things up a bit more.

Our server was attentive and quick (that is, until we had finished our meal). We were given delicious bread with oil and balsamic vinegar to start, a traditional Italian starting. However we were told that if we wanted to order pizzas it would take an additional 15-20 minutes. Unfortunately my mom wanted to order a pizza and decided that she better not (we were on a parking meter). I had chicken fettucini. The sauce was amazing! If only I could duplicate it for my own cooking!

Our waiter sort of disappeared after we were finished so it took us a while to get our bill. Other than the slight problems with the service (nothing too major though), it was a great experience!

For more reviews of Rocco's Trattoria, see ResToronto Reviews for Rocco's Trattoria.