Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Lunch in Etobicoke at Big Papa's!!

With a name like Big Papa's what can go wrong? I went for lunch with some friends in Etobicoke. I was in a great mood because when I parked, I found a $50 bill in the parking lot.
The walls of Big Papa's are packed full of memorbilia, mostly Italian. I'd bet that during the World Cup in 06 this place was packed. There's a bar in the back, and an area for a small patio in the front. We sat near the window and benefited from the sun being out during the day.
There are a variety of lunch specials for $10 (including tax) that give you a drink, a soup/salad, and a 1/2 portion of whatever you order. They also have some funny challenges on the menu such as eating huge portions in an hour without being able to get out of your seat. I just had Ziti pasta, which is a cream based pasta with veggies and chicken. They don't really tell you what the veggies are, and I didn't like the ones that they gave me, so I passed them to my friend. The pasta was quite yummy. I also tried my friend's lobster ravioli which was also good.
I also had the homemade tiramisu. I had high expectations because it's homemade from an Italian restaurant, but it didn't quite measure up to my expectations.
Our waitress was very friendly and quick (until when we wanted to get our bill, that took a while). And the meal was fairly well priced.
Not too bad for a place to eat lunch. I don't know if I would go there for dinner though.

For more reviews on Big Papa's Trattoria, see ResToronto Reviews.