Saturday, November 04, 2006

Lunch at Moxies - Square One Mall, Mississauga

My mom and I went for lunch one weekday at Moxies in Square One. We usually have problems getting into this place for dinner, so we don't bother even trying anymore. Lunch isn't too bad, but there can be lineups sometimes. I like the atmosphere there, but the waiters always feel pretentious, walking around with microphones in their ears like they're working at The Gap!
The menu there is great, there is a lot to choose from, including quite a few Asian-influenced foods. My favourite is probably the chicken burger. I've had the nachos there before too and they are good - made with real cheese rather than Cheese Whiz.
The service is a completely different issue though. It is always SLOW!! Slow to get to you, slow to get your drinks, very slow to get your food, and then slow to get your bill. It's a little pricey here, but overall not too bad. I go back, but only when I'm not in any rush, and when there isn't a lineup.
To read more about Moxies, see Moxies ResToronto Reviews.