Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Christmas Shopping Dining- Restaurants near Square One, Mississauga

It's that time of year again! Unless you're a complete internet shopper (and some people are), you'll be spending some time at a mall in December. Chances are, you could be there for a while! So why not treat yourself to a meal while you're out. And no, I'm not talking about fast food! You want to eat at a real restaurant!

I'll start with Square One, since this is mall I know best of all.

Currently, there are only two restaurants in the mall. If you're going to stick inside the mall, I suggest Moxie's over Johnny Rockets.

Moxie's Classic Grill - good food, but it can have very slow service. Be prepared to wait to get in and to wait once you're in there.
Johnny Rockets - read the reviews for yourself. This is just a burger joint. If you want a burger, save yourself the time, hassle, and money and go to the fast food court!

There are also quite a few restaurants across from the mall (pretty much on every side). Of all those, I suggest Canyon Creek.

Canyon Creek - I love their prime rib sandwich! So good! This tends to draw a business crowd, but it doesn't mean you aren't welcome, and there's a bar for you to eat at if your wish.
Jack Astor's - this is always the safe bet. A wide selection of foods, ok service. Nothing special, but nothing will go wrong.
Alice Fazooli's - go here if you want Italian food. It's ok, but nothing fantastic.
On the Curve - honestly I'm not sure if these guys are open for lunch, but they are for dinner. It's a bit more an aquired taste required for this restaurant.
Ruth's Chris - I'm pretty certain this is a dinner only place. It requires deep wallets to go here (if you go, call me up and invite me!). The steaks are melt in your mouth.
Failte Irish Pub - I've only been here for drinks late on a Friday night, so again, not too sure if they are open. Great atmosphere for drinks though.

Then there are the restaurants that are slightly further away, but still close enough to walk to (or preferably to drive).

Alioli Restaurant - an Italian place in an office building a little ways off.
The Enfield Fox - another pub
The Host - an Indian restaurant across the street from Wal-Mart (I believe)
The Mustard Grill - I've only heard good things about this place so one day I will make it there

There you have it! All the restaurants that I know of near Square One, Mississauga. Look for more restaurant listings of malls soon.

Or, just check out ResToronto Reviews.