Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Family Dinner at The Blackhorn Dining Room

Close to my grandfather's house is a little hole in the wall restaurant called The Blackhorn Dining Room. Honestly, if I wasn't brought to this restaurant on my own, I never would have ventured into it because it looked like a dingy place that may not be too safe. I'm glad that I was taken there though, as it really is a gem!

The restaurant is run by a couple, who you see walking around the restaurant talking to the patrons. Our waitress recognized my grandfather, and gave us the same seat as he had eaten at the last time he was there. They are a very friendly staff, and even if they are a tad slow, they make up for it with their friendliness.

You get bread and pickles (delicious pickles, by the way!) as a starter. Then, if you choose a full entree, you get to choose from soup or salad. Their soups seem to be home made and are fantastic! I've had both pasta and steak there, both were great. Cooked just the way they should be.

Their dessert selection isn't that large. I've had the tartufo, which was just as it should be, but unlike any other restaurant.

Really, the main reason to visit this restaurant is for the service and friendly atmosphere.

For more reviews on The Blackhorn Dining Room, see ResToronto Reviews for The Blackhorn Dining Room.