Saturday, July 29, 2006

A Family Favourite - Peter's on Eglinton

This is one of my family's favourite restaurants. We make return trips here all the time and never get sick of it! Usually there is a line to get in, but if you wait late enough (or you go on a long weekend), you can get in fairly easily. The average age of waiters and waitresses is quite a bit older than any other restaurant. And you can tell that these people are experienced. They have also been working there for a long time because every time we return, we see the same people.

The inside of Peter's has chandeliers, multiple types of wallpaper, stained glass, but is still somehow appeasing to the eye. Or maybe I've just gotten used to it.

Their most tried item on the menu by my family is their deli sandwiches. These sandwiches are so big that they are impossible to eat like a real sandwich. Peter's puts other restaurants to shame in terms of proportion and value. We always come home with a Styrofoam container because we can never finish our meal. But if you aren't in the mood for a deli sandwich then there are tons of other items on the menu that you could have. I had the fish and chips, which I think is the first time I've tried it. The fish was light and fluffy, which made it possible to eat both pieces. I also really enjoy the open faced roast beef sandwich. They also provide you with buns before the meal (which I don't suggest eating, you need to leave room for your huge meal!).

For more reviews on Peter's, see ResToronto Reviews for Peter's on Eglinton